Emergency In Pregnancy: Call Your Healthcare Provider Immediately If ...
How do you know whether that sudden ache is normal or warrants a 2 a.m. call to your doctor or midwife? Here's a rundown of symptoms that should set off your warning bells.
Call your healthcare provider immediately if you experience:
1. a vaginal bleeding or spotting
2. a decrease or significant increase in fetal movements
3. an increase in vaginal discharge or a change in the type of discharge
4. any type of abdominal pain or pelvic pressure
5. a painful or burning urination
6. severe or persistent vomiting
7. a sudden swelling or weight increase
8. chills or fever
9. a sudden onset headache
10. visual disturbances
11. a persistent or severe leg cramp or calf pain
12. frequent dizziness, a rapid heartbeat or heart palpitations
13. difficulty breathing, coughing up blood, or severe chest pain or…
14. a persistent intense itching of your skin
Note that some of these symptoms may be more or less urgent depending on your particular situation or health history and on how far along you are in your pregnancy. Ask your practitioner to review with you which signs warrant an urgent call at various points in your pregnancy.
#signsofurgency #pregnanturgent #urgentcall #pregnanturgency #urgencuinpregncny #whattolookoutfor #safetyinpregnancy #pregnancysafety #pregnancyemergency #emergencyinpregnancy #emergentcall #pregnanctandsafe #safepregnancy #safetyinpregnancy #importantpregnant #pregnantandhealthy #pregnantsafety #safetyfirst #pregnanvyjournal #pregnancyblog #bloginpregnancy #pregnancypost #urgencypregnancypost